The Community Golf Leader Course is an Australian Sports Commission approved National Coaching Accreditation Scheme Level 0 Course that prepares teachers and other personnel to conduct the MYGolf Schools 1 Program.
The course introduces the MYGolf Schools 1 Program, a modified version of golf designed to suit primary school students. The program introduces students tot he basic skills involved in swinging a club and playing the game. It also addresses the social, emotional and physical needs of the developing student.
After completion of the course, the Community Golf Leader will be able to display the following competencies:
- Be able to run the MYGolf Schools 1 Program
- Demonstrate the grip, stance and golf swing fundamentals
- Demonstrate putting, chipping, pitching and long shots
- Organise a skills challenge and modified golf course game
- Plan and conduct golf activities in a fun and safe environment
The course takes approximately four hours to complete and involves both theoretical and practical components.
For more information on course times and availability, please contact your relevant State Association by clicking here.