The Men's Senior Queensland Amateur is an Australian Men's Senior Ranking Event. It is for players aged 55 and above, and is played over 54-holes stroke play. It is conducted by Golf Queensland
Visit the website of the host club - Bribie Island Golf Club, Bribie Island, Qld
Qld's Peter King (Windaroo) has held off all challengers to reign supreme in the 2012 Senior Amateur Championships at Bribie Island Golf Club.
After being neck and neck all day, King pulled away over the final stages from second round co-leader Rodney Barltop (Royal Wellington) and Stefan Albinski (Mona Vale Golf Club, NSW). Knowing he needed par or better, King hit a stunning approach shot to the 18th hole, leaving him with a tap-in birdie to claim victory.
Run in conjunction with the Amateur Championship, the Club Team Championship finished with an overseas victory, as Royal Wellington dominated from day one and never relinquished their lead to run away with a 13 shot margin over the Coolangatta Tweed 1 team.
Credit must go to Bribie Island Golf Club and all the staff for hosting the event in very testing conditions, with constant rain proving to a hindrance. The course was in great condition, with the greens the envy of many visiting players.
Next year's Championship will be held at Oxley Golf Club, with players already planning for what will be another hard fought event.
1. Peter King (Qld) 76, 75, 73 = 224
2. Rodney Barltrop (NZL) 78, 73, 76 = 227
3. Stefan Albinski (NSW) 78, 76, 74 = 228
4. Jan Borren (NZL) 72, 81, 78 = 231
4. Phillip Daley (NSW) 71, 81, 79 = 231
6. Richard Greville (NSW) 77, 77, 78 = 232
7. Rodney Dale (NSW) 81, 78, 74 = 233
7. Chris Gordon (NSW) 80, 78, 75 = 233
7. Barry Tippett (Vic) 79, 77, 77 = 233
7. Robert Still (ACT) 77, 76, 80 = 233